The Antichi Palmenti farm gets its name from its location, Palmentello, (as results from a document dating back to 1711, in the Florence state archives), and where there was probably a mill or oil mill; the word "palmenti" used to indicate the rooms where once upon a time the wine presses or grindstones were kept.
For almost a hundred years the farm has belonged to the Rebua family, of Spanish origin, transferred to the Isola d'Elba in in the seventeenth century, initially engaged in maritime trade and then activities linked to the countryside.
Currently, the farm stretches across over 40 hectares of land, from the old via Aurelia towards the sea that is only a few kilometres away passing through an internal road.
The main activity consists in olive growing. There are over 5000 olive trees of those qualities typical of the Tuscany region such as for example the moraiolo, frantoio, leccino etc. Every year the farm produces, on average, a hundred quintals of extra virgin olive oil directly within its oil mill, where the old grindstones and presses, used up until a few years ago to extract the oil, are still visible, whereas now a modern continuous line is used. The oil produced is marketed with the "l'Olio della Pia" trademark and also sold directly from the farm.